Thrivent Financial values your business and is committed to safeguarding the information you provide to us online. We do not share or exchange information gathered on this site with outside organizations that are not performing services for us or on our behalf. Please review this policy to help you better understand our views and practices regarding privacy on our website.
What information do we gather on our website?
We do not gather any personally identifiable information on this website.
Thrivent Financial’s web server automatically recognizes your IP address when you visit our site as an anonymous visitor (without logging in). It does not recognize your email address.
Thrivent collects aggregate information about the pages visited within our website. We also capture browser type and version, and screen resolution. This information will assist us in providing a more user-friendly site and to aid in problem resolution if you experience technical difficulties while visiting our site. When you visit our website we collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website. This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, or your location information associated with your IP address.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We use the information we gather about our site visitors in one or more of the following ways:
- To help ensure a safer online environment for our site visitors.
- For general aggregate site visitor analysis and statistical research.
- To increase visitor satisfaction in their online experience with Thrivent.
How do you opt out of data sharing & email marketing?
To opt out of data sharing and email marketing, call us toll-free at 800-847-4836. We are available to answer calls between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., Central time Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Central time Friday.
If you are a Thrivent Member, you also have the ability to update your preferences online. To change your data sharing and email marketing preferences via Thrivent.com:
- Log in to a secure area (such as My Thrivent), and click “Update Personal Information” to go to the Manage My Profile section on Thrivent.com.
- Click “Communication Choices.”
- On the Communication Choices tab, find the preference that you are looking for.
- Select your new option.
- Click “Submit” to save your changes. Your new preference is now stored.If you have an email address on file, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging that changes were made online.You may select one or more of the following options:
- Tell us not to share data about you within our family of companies. However, we may still share transactional and experiential data including the existence of your products, services or benefits; and data about you as needed by our fraternal operations.
- Direct us not to share data about you with other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We do not share or exchange information gathered on this site with outside organizations that are not performing services for us or on our behalf.
- Request we remove your name from some or all of our internal marketing lists. You should know that our regular service mailings may still contain marketing materials. If you have opted in to receive electronic service notifications and/or confirmations, you will continue to receive such emails.
- In all states except California, Minnesota, North Dakota, New Mexico and Vermont, tell us not to share data about you with nonprofit Christian organizations. In California, Minnesota, North Dakota, New Mexico and Vermont, we do not share data about you with nonprofit Christian organizations.
How do we respond to “Do Not Track” signals?
Thrivent does not collect or share personally identifiable information about your online activities through web tracking mechanisms, therefore “Do Not Track” signals are not honored.
Information collected or shared about your online activity does not identify you.
Do we use cookie technology?
Cookies are messages which often include anonymous unique identifiers given to your web browser by a web server. The browser stores the message on your computer. The message is sent back to the server each time your browser requests that site. For security reasons, cookies are not used for automatic access to secure areas on Thrivent Financial’s websites.
- Cannot be used to reveal your email address obtained from your hard drive or learn confidential or personal information about you that you have not already explicitly revealed.
- Cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites.
- Are not executable programs and cannot damage your computer or files on your computer.
How can you set or delete your computer’s cookies?
You can set your computer’s browser to opt-out of receiving and storing cookies, however, doing so may limit your access to certain sections of our site. You also can delete cookies stored on your computer’s browser. The process to set or delete cookies differs by browser. See your browser’s Help feature or contact the manufacturer for instructions on how to set/delete your browser’s cookie options.
Do we use web beacons?
Web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel/page tags and clear GIFs) are used with cookies to monitor the behavior of site visitors based on IP address. Thrivent Financial uses web beacons on its websites and in email communications for aggregate statistical purposes.
Do we use P3P technology?
Yes. P3P (Platform for Privacy Preferences) allows you to monitor and control the way your personal information is used on websites. If you have a P3P-enabled browser, you can set specific privacy criteria that you are comfortable with. Then, when you visit a website that has summarized their privacy practices for P3P, your browser will evaluate the site to see if it meets your criteria. Sites not matching your criteria will result in the browser displaying a warning notice or blocking transmission to the site.
Do we use encryption technology?
Several areas on Thrivent Financial’s website (e.g., My Thrivent) have been built to handle sensitive or confidential information. These pages utilize an internet method known as Secure Socket Layers (SSL). With SSL engaged, pages are sent to you in an encrypted (scrambled) format and any information you submit to Thrivent also is encrypted. Encryption is the transformation of data into a form unreadable by anyone who doesn’t have the appropriate decryption key. This method of transferring sensitive data is considered the industry standard for the Internet.
For added security, close your browser completely when you finish using this site. While online, your browser is using part of your computer’s memory. If your browser is left open, it may be possible for someone using your computer to go back and use this memory to access your information. Closing your browser clears this memory. You may also want to consider clearing your browser’s temporary files.
For your security, we highly recommend you update your browser to versions that support SSL. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari are three browsers that support these encryption techniques. A solid lock graphic will display when the SSL mode is engaged and the connection is encrypted. If you are not sure if your browser is compatible, check with your service provider.
Thrivent has taken steps to make all information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use, alteration, and/or loss. This information is kept in Thrivent Financial’s secure database. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties.
Thrivent.com uses VeriSign (Link opens in new window) services to protect confidential information.
What is our policy for children (individuals under 16 years of age)?
Your children’s safety is important to us. We have developed our privacy guidelines in compliance with the requirements outlined by the Federal Trade Commission Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). See the FTC site (Link opens in new window) for additional information on COPPA. Effective 6/10/2010, registration will not be accepted if the birth date indicates the individual is under the age of 16. Additionally, no information should be submitted to or posted on our site by children under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
What about links to other websites from Thrivent Financial’s site?
Questions or comments?
Thrivent Financial 4321 N. Ballard Rd. Appleton, WI 54919
Also, if you receive email messages from Thrivent Financial about updates to our website and wish to no longer receive these updates, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list following the unsubscribe directions in the email. You also can unsubscribe by updating your preferences online if you are logged in (find the Communication Choices section) located within Manage My Profile.
Last Modified: August 3, 2015
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you meet that eligibility requirement. If you do not meet it, you must not access or use the Website.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may download and print the results the Website provides you after you utilize the New Money Mindset Assessment Tool.
- You may download and print one copy of the study guide to the book Your New Money Mindset.
- You may download and print one copy of the sermon series.
- You may download and print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Copy, sell, or in any way use any text, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, graphics, or any other part of the Website except in the limited manner, for personal, non-commercial use only, described above.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: BoxCopyrightAgent@Thrivent.com (Link opens in new window).
The Company name and all names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans used in the Website, unless otherwise noted, are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any junk mail, chain letter or spam or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Reliance on Assessment Tool and Other Information Presented
The information presented on or through the Website, including as a result of your responses to the questions in the New Money Mindset Assessment Tool, is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include or link to content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials.
These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
All transactions relating to the purchase, or the offer or attempt to purchase, any goods or services, including, without limitation, of the book titled Your New Money Mindset, that result from you following a link on the Website to an online retailer or any other type of vendor selling such goods or services (the "Seller") constitute transactions solely between you and the Seller, and no such transaction can result in any contractual or other legal obligation on the part of the Company.
YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST, AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS, THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, EMPLOYEES, AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGENTS, FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN BY ANY SELLER DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ANY TRANSACTION OCCURRING AFTER YOU CLICK ON OR OTHERWISE FOLLOW A LINK ON THE WEBSITE.
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express prior consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking, with which you have been in any way involved, immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
At our sole discretion, and with no prior notice, we may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked from this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of Wisconsin in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF- SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON- INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY
WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, 4321 N. Ballard Rd. Appleton, WI 54919-0001 USA.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our Copyright Notice (Link opens in new window) in the manner and by the means set forth therein.
Thank you for visiting the Website.